It’s not an easy task. Many variables are at play:
- Where is the patient located?
- What is the patient’s condition or diagnosis?
- What type of health insurance does the patient have?
- Do they need to see a PCP or a specialist (and, if so, do they first need a referral)?
- Which providers treat the patient’s condition?
- What are the parameters around the type of appointment the patient needs (e.g., duration, time of day)?
- How can an automated system handle cancellations and rescheduling requests?