ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Orbita Acceptable Use Policy
LAST UPDATED: July 8, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes actions that Orbita prohibits when any party uses Orbita’s software as a service or any of Orbita’s software applications for web, mobile, and voice (collectively, “Orbita Products”). This AUP is incorporated by reference into and governed by a Master Service Agreement or other similar written agreement between you (“Customer”) and Orbita (the “Agreement”). The Agreement contains definitions of capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this AUP and takes precedence over any conflicting provisions in this AUP.
You may not use the Orbita Products without agreeing to this AUP. Thus, you agree not to use the Orbita Products in the following prohibited ways:
- Using the Orbita Products to encourage any illegal, fraudulent, abusive, or other activities that materially interfere with the business or activities of Orbita.
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism of the Orbita Products or using the Orbita Products in any other manner that poses a material security or service risk to Orbita or any of its other customers.
- Reverse-engineering the Orbita Products in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
- Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of the Orbita Products or any other conduct that materially and adversely impacts the availability, reliability, or stability of the Orbita Products.
- Transmitting any material that contains spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, zero-day time bombs, cancelbots, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs.
- Using the Orbita Products to harvest or otherwise collect information about individuals, including email addresses or phone numbers, without their explicit consent or under false pretenses.
- Using the Orbita Products to engage in, or in connection with fraudulent activity.
- Using the Orbita Products to receive, send or otherwise process Protected Health Information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 as amended, unless you have signed a Business Associate Agreement with Orbita or your use of the Orbita Products fits within the “conduit” or some other exception for requiring a Business Associate Agreement.
- Violating or facilitating the violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, including, but not limited to, laws and regulations regarding the transmission of data or software.
- Using the Orbita Products to transmit any material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Using the Orbita Products to transmit any material that is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person or entity, including but not limited to hate speech, and any other material that Orbita reasonably believes degrades, intimidates, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.
- Using the Orbita Products to transmit any material or content that is offensive, inappropriate, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable to any person or entity who did not provide prior express consent to receive such material or content.
- Using the Orbita Products to create a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call.
Without any assumed obligation thereof, Orbita reserves the right to inspect and monitor for violations of this AUP and to take actions as necessary in accordance with the Agreement between Orbita and Customer.
For any questions about this policy or to report a violation of this AUP, please contact us at: email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the Orbita Trust Center page.