Software Engineer (Platform)
Join one of the hottest companies in digital healthcare! Orbita is transforming digital healthcare through the application of next-generation voice and conversational AI technologies. We work with healthcare systems, pharmaceutical companies, and other healthcare organizations to power digital healthcare solutions that improve outcomes, reduce costs, and minimize risks. Orbita offers a complete range of benefits to full-time employees, including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Stock Options, 401(k), and more.
Software Engineer (Platform)
Boston, Massachusetts, USA; telecommuting option available
Orbita is driving innovation with Conversational AI technology in healthcare. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer for developing new features for Orbita’s award-winning conversational AI platform-as-a-service (PaaS), with an emphasis on features related to the interchange of data between the PaaS and the end-user application across multiple delivery channels (e.g., IVR, intelligent voice digital assistant, web and mobile web chatbot, SMS, etc..).
The Software Engineer’s primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, data access, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from customer inputs. They will also be responsible for supporting co-workers performing front-end integration atop the Orbita PaaS.
- Contribute to the architecture/design, implementation, and delivery of new feature sets for Orbita’s PaaS solution used by major healthcare organizations
- Collaborate with other Engineering team members and Product Management to develop software design plans and assist with tactical project plan(s)
- Submit and review code that routinely meets or exceeds the expectations of our guidelines and audits
- The ideal candidate has broad exposure to modern software development practices and experience or interest in machine learning, natural language processing, and/or interest in the application of consumer technology within healthcare
- Experience writing software that scales for performance under heavy traffic loads
- Competent understanding of front-end user experience (UX) technologies
- Ability to audit code to determine the adequate implementation of security and data protection best practices
- Experience working with larger teams (or pods within a larger group) and following standard
- processes for source & version control, pull requests and merges within larger feature sets
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with the AWS infrastructure and cloud technologies
- Familiarity with ‘smart home’ and IoT device communication architectures
- Python Experience
- Multi-pipeline deployment experience using CI/CD principals
Orbita, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) for employment opportunities.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional job openings