Senior Sales Engineer
Join one of the hottest companies in digital healthcare! Orbita is transforming digital healthcare through the application of next-generation voice and conversational AI technologies. We work with healthcare systems, pharmaceutical companies, and other healthcare organizations to power digital healthcare solutions that improve outcomes, reduce costs, and minimize risks. Orbita offers a complete range of benefits to full-time employees, including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Stock Options, 401(k), and more.
Senior Sales Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts, USA; telecommuting option available
The Senior Sales Engineer (SSE) is responsible for all aspects of the technical sales process. As the technical sales blueprint owner and creator, the SSE teamed with a Sales Rep helps drive the sales cycle by providing technical expertise, creating custom demonstrations, running proofs-of-concept, and assisting prospects with software evaluations.
The SSE will develop and deliver high-quality product demonstrations. In addition, they are required to present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, future product direction, 3rd party integrations, and Orbita’s product strengths relative to competitors. The SSE will also participate in sales planning and business development activities, architect solutions and prototype solutions for customers, and interact with product management to enhance/refine products based on customer feedback.
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and ongoing sales consultation
- Translate product/technical features into value drivers
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to sell against them technically
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering during the development, launch, and continuing refinement of existing and new products
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Communicate effectively with engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- Become an expert in Orbita products
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- At least five years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, Solution Architect, or Solution Consultant experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level buyers
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present ‘the big picture,’ architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and ability to collaborate with others while encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Must be prepared to learn new technologies
- Create and maintain a portfolio of pre-sales demos
- Prepare and deliver executive, architectural, and technical presentations
- Assist in RFI/RFP responses. Manage all technical responses
- Undergraduate degree (E.g., Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or another quantitative field. Strong academic performance)
- Travel required (approximately 25%)
- Previous Sales/Solution Engineering experience
- Previous experience within healthcare (provider, payer segments) with conversational AI, chatbots, and digital virtual assistants is highly desirable
Orbita, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) for employment opportunities.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional job openings