Orbita seeks a marketing manager to oversee all aspects of events planning and execution. Successful candidates will have demonstrable success helping marketing leaders evaluate the strategic value of specific events within identified segments, plan appropriate and impactful involvement, execute to ensure successful participation, and contribute to post-event assessments using established benchmarks.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain comprehensive calendar of upcoming events the company may want to consider; monitor, manage and communicate relevant timelines such as speaking, sponsorship and registration deadlines.
- Support emerging strategy for company-hosted events (live and virtual).
- Prepare assessments that outline strategic value of potential participation in both live and virtual events, based on marketing strategy and objectives.
- Plan event and manage all logistical aspects according to objectives, requirements, and audience.
- Recommend innovative tactics and activities to improve event success.
- Coordinate with contributing vendors (e.g., SWAG, catering, etc.)
- Help coordinate promotional activities for event, including writing emails and other short-form communications.
- Provide onsite event support as needed, including managing logistics and troubleshooting problems.
- Help analyze success and provide post-event reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in using Microsoft software products, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in healthcare industry highly preferred
- Willingness to accept additional responsibility with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated team-oriented mindset
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or similar professional discipline
- At least three years’ experience in event coordination
- Competency in coordinating with external vendors and partners
- Ideal candidate will have some experience in other areas of marketing (e.g., social media)
- Occasional travel