Technical Architect, Partner Engagements
Boston, Massachusetts, USA or Remote
Orbita is searching for a talented and motivated Technical Architect to lead Orbita’s customers and partners in successful conversational AI driven solutions, including smart speakers like Amazon Echo/Alexa devices, Google Home, and embedded devices; chat bots for web and mobile; and traditional IVR and SMS/Text.
As a key member of our team, you will create cloud solution architecture and software design, provide architectural oversight to partner development teams, review their implementations, and conduct technology evaluation exercises. The ideal candidate will be a team player who pays close attention to detail and possesses the ability and skills necessary to make a difference, motivated by a passion for technology community leadership, as well as being a relationship builder in one on one situations with technology and business allies.
- Provide leadership and participate in design and development of complex, high performance enterprise conversational applications, and repeatable services
- Innovate new solutions or extensions to existing solutions at the application and platform level, particularly to enhance the ability to implement and build rapid, repeatable, high quality solutions
- Work with Orbita partner and sales teams to aid in technical sales work including estimating, demos, and communicating with clients about technical solutions
- Define development and support processes and advocate consistency across the suite of applications and platform
- Perform design and code reviews for customers, partners, and developers from the Orbita team
- Continuously research and integrate enterprise conversational application development strategies, technologies, techniques, tools, guidelines, and lead the adoption of new technologies
- Assist in setting development skill set standards, and educational activities to support standards for customers and partners
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- 15 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or
- 10 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience designing and implementing complex commercial/enterprise hosted and client-server applications and system components
- Experience designing, developing and supporting high-volume, highly scalable, mission critical enterprise systems
- Excellent analytical, design, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Ability to mentor development team members
- Desire to learn new technologies and processes
- Knowledge of expert systems, AI technologies, and natural language processing frameworks is a plus
Activities as part of the position
- Provided consultation and leadership during first technical implementations of the Orbita conversational platform for partners, assuring that Orbita standards and best practices are followed.
- Drive the adoption of Orbita platform and solutions in the partner community.
- Be responsible for contributions to the standard architecture and design framework for all Customer Success – Professional Services solutions, including documentation of said architecture, building and managing reference source code, and regularly including sessions with other engineers in services and R&D in the dissemination, validation, and inclusion of new concepts.
- Regularly going onsite (or virtually) with partners in a pre-sales capacity to have technical (and business) strategy discussions, providing consistent technical vision and guidance for partner and their client.
- Responsible for ongoing updates to technical project estimate models for all Orbita technology solutions, working with experts in specific technologies to refine and optimize prediction models for level of effort, and educate sales function resources about how to utilize the model.
- Hands on Engineer for Proofs of Concept and Prototypes.
- Masterfully balance the academic and the practical.
- Create integrations with 3rd party products, standardize integration principles.
- Collaborate with pre-sales engineers for software and cloud platform.
- Develop value-add solutions for specific verticals and common use cases within the Customer Success client base
- Participate in the Orbita developer community
- Develop Support KB
Orbita, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Sales Engineer – USA
- [Podcast] Kristi Ebong, SVP of Corporate Strategy at Orbita and Former Head of Emerging Technology at Cedars-Sinai, on Innovating in the Healthcare Industry
- Welsh Health Service Debuts Bilingual Virtual Assistant Built on IBM Watson
- Webinar – Demystifying and Democratizing the Healthcare Digital Front Door
- Technical Architect, Partner Engagements