Orbita and its voice technology is mentioned in an article from Senior Housing Business.
From the article,
Voice: the next frontier
One technology waiting in the wings and about to impact all social engagement products is voice control.
Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortona are already being integrated into automobiles, televisions, audio, and connected home products. Soon, their capabilities will impact the senior market as well, with developers arguing that a voice command is one action that few elderly forget how to perform.
Orbita, a Massachusetts-based startup, is targeting the senior market, looking to integrate its voice control technology into the type of products discussed here.
Using the Orbita system, conversational grids can be programmed by senior care administrators that allow the technology to recognize multiple responses to the same question. For example, a resident could say “I’ve not taken my meds,” or “I’ve not taken my drugs,” and still be understood.
Read the entire article about engaging seniors in assisted living with technology in Senior Housing Business.
- Voice & Chatbots in Healthcare – Nathan Treloar, Orbita – Voice Tech Podcast ep.048
- Orbita Newsletter – November 2019
- Researchers create Amazon Alexa skill to help older adults stay active
- Conversational AI leader announces OrbitaASSIST, a digitally reimagined voice-powered, AI-driven virtual health assistant proven to improve patient communication at the bedside
- Webinar – Voice Assistant Consumer Adoption in Healthcare