Virtual assistants like Amazon’s Alexa could change the way care is delivered
Orbita was mentioned in an article by Modern Healthcare, that talked about the impact that virtual and voice assistants have on improving home health care.
From the article, “Part of that work involves keeping patients up-to-speed and onboard with their care. ‘One of the big challenges in any population is getting patients engaged in their own care through digital experiences,’ said Nathan Treloar, president and chief operating officer of software company Orbita. Those experiences might be a patient asking for a ride to a doctor appointment or receiving discharge instructions at home when they’re not in a post-surgical haze.
‘Voice is how everyone communicates most of the time. We want to recognize that,’ said Dr. John Loughnane, chief of innovation for Winter Street Ventures, the healthcare accelerator affiliate of the Commonwealth Care Alliance, a specialized care delivery provider that’s using Orbita to develop a way for its members to use Alexa to manage the use of personal care assistants. “
Read the entire article on Modern Healthcare.
- Digital Marketing Coordinator – Houston, TX (U.S. Flexible)
- Orbita expands COVID-19 bot solutions to support new front-line response demands, reaching millions in need
- Industry Voices—Digital health care’s next shift? Voice interfaces
- LIVESTREAM – Educational Forum on Virtual Health Assistants
- COVID-19 Resources for Health Systems